Steps to ID Your Stem /Cartridge.
Things you will need (other than the tools needed to pull your stem):
-A digital camera or smart phone
-Calipers (preferred) or a good measuring tape.
1. Look for markings on your sink or shower that will ID the brand-look under the sink or on the overflow cover of the tub. Take a photo of these markings –if any.
2. Take a photo of the entire application (i.e. the sink or the shower).
3. Pull your stem ALL THE WAY out of the valve body. We cannot ID stems if they are still in the valve. If you don’t know how to do this, call a plumber.
4. Take several photos of the stem from different, well lit angles.
5. Measure the stem end to end. Record this measurement. See photo below.